EQT Corp. announced that Steven Schlotterbeck has officially assumed the role CEO of the integrated energy company that has an emphasis on Appalachian area natural gas production, gathering and transmission.
Schlotterbeck takes over for David Porges who retired from the position, staying on as executive chairman of EQT’s Board of Directors for a period of one year. A similar leadership transition occurred for EQT Midstream Partners LP and EQT GP Holdings LP, where Schlotterbeck also assumed the role of CEO for both companies.
“It is a great honor to succeed Dave as the CEO of EQT Corporation and I am humbled to be entrusted with the responsibility to lead this great organization forward,” said Schlotterbeck. “We have outstanding upstream and midstream assets; a strong financial position; dedicated leadership from our Board; and the continued commitment of the most talented employees in the industry – all contributing to EQT’s next phase of evolution, growth, and shareholder value creation.”
EQT continues to be at the forefront of applying innovative technologies in the development of the Company’s vast natural gas resources, which are primarily located in the heart of the Marcellus and Utica shale regions of the Appalachian Basin. With its stringent focus on costs, strong balance sheet, and uniquely integrated business structure – EQT’s overall strategy of consolidation, innovation, pipeline infrastructure growth, and customer and market expansion will continue.
“This ‘changing of the guard’ represents a logical and natural leadership succession that is part of EQT’s overall strategy and plan for growth and innovation. Steve has a strong operational focus and I am confident in his abilities to effectively lead our organization through its next transformative chapter,” said Dave Porges, EQT’s Executive Chairman.
Along with the transition of CEO responsibilities, and to reinforce a commitment to EQT’s strategic focus, Schlotterbeck recently announced his senior management team, the members of which are as follows:
- David Schlosser was appointed senior vice president, EQT Corp.; and president, Exploration & Production.
- Lisa Hyland was appointed senior vice president, EQT Corp.; and president, Midstream; and also senior vice president and COO for the general partner of EQT Midstream Partners. With Hyland’s pending retirement in March 2018, these positions are interim and an executive search firm has been hired for the selection process.
- Rob McNally remains senior vice president and chief financial officer and will assume management responsibilities for the Business Development, Facilities, Information Technology, Innovation, and Procurement functions.
- Lew Gardner remains general counsel and vice president, External Affairs.
- Charlene Petrelli remains vice president and chief human resources officer.
- Blue Jenkins was appointed to the newly created role of chief commercial officer.
- Pat Kane remains chief investor relations officer and will assume management of EQT’s Strategy & Competitive Analysis functions.