The Construction Industry Round Table (CIRT) has elected Charlie Bacon, president and CEO of Limbach Holdings Inc., as chairman of CIRT for a term of one year.
Bacon, who succeeds Wayne Drinkward, chairman of Hoffman Corp., was elected during CIRT’s Annual Spring Conference in Washington, D.C. which also welcomed new directors. CIRT is a national business trade association comprised exclusively of approximately 120 chief executives from the leading design and construction companies doing business in the United States and globally.
“The design and construction industry builds America and CIRT has moved the industry forward on so many fronts,” said Bacon. “Through CIRT’s education programs with world class speakers and subject matter experts to the sharing of best practices, senior industry executives expand their knowledge base and build lasting friendships. I am very proud to see CIRT support great industry programs such as industry ethics, the ACE Mentor Program, and assisting in the industry’s drive to dramatically improve safety. I look forward to this next year working with the board and the CIRT staff to continue its mission.”
In welcoming Bacon as the new chairman, CIRT president Mark A. Casso, Esq., NAC noted, “Charlie puts his full attention and heart into anything he commits to; he will bring a great deal of energy to promoting the interests of the design and construction industry’s interests.”
At CIRT’s Membership Meeting, the following members were also elected as officers:
- Paul Franzen, president, Barnard Construction, Bozeman, Montana as vice chairman
- Wassim A. Selman, Ph.D., P.E., ARCADIS, U.S., Inc., Atlanta, Georgia as treasurer
- Wayne Drinkward, chairman, Hoffman Corp., Portland, Oregon will continue to serve on the Executive Committee as immediate past chairman.
In addition to the executive committee elections, CIRT also welcomed the following four industry leaders as new directors who will serve on the board through 2021:
- Al Gerhardt, president and COO, Kraus-Anderson Construction Co.
- Gregory A. Kelly, P.E., president and CEO, U.S., WSP
- David Sweeney, P.E., CEO, RS&H, Inc.
- Douglas C. Welling, president & CEO, Jacobsen Construction Co., Inc.
“CIRT is fortunate to have a dedicated board of such highly regarded industry professionals. We offer congratulations to our new officers and directors; and thank all of our current and outgoing directors for their service to CIRT and its members as well as the design / construction industry,” said Casso.
SOURCE – Construction Industry Round Table