Navigator Energy Services LLC announced Jan. 26 that it is expanding the footprint, destination options, storage and throughput capacity of its Big Spring Gateway Pipeline System. The company also launched a supplemental open season to garner additional shipper commitments for the crude oil pipeline.
The Big Spring Gateway Pipeline System (BSG System) serves the prolific Permian Basin in West Texas. Upon completion of the expansion, the system will include more than 650 miles of installed pipeline and a total system deliverability of approximately 600,000 barrels per day (bpd).
The BSG System expansion will include:
- Approximately 25 miles of laterals to connect to new Midland destinations: Centurion Pipeline and Permian Express Terminal (formerly SunVit).
- A new destination point into Plains All American’s Basin Pipeline at China Grove/Colorado City.
- An increase in transportation capacity into Colorado City destinations to a total of at least 190,000 bpd of crude oil, with the capability of additional expansion.
- Approximately 50 miles of new mainline into Midland and Upton counties.
- A new truck offload station with four dedicated offload lanes near the Pegasus Field in Midland County, Texas.
- An increase in total overall system storage to approximately 1 million barrels.
Navigator has executed the necessary commercial contracts to proceed with the expansion and has commenced construction. The BSG System expansion is expected to be placed in service during the first half of 2017.
In support of the expansion, Navigator has launched a supplemental binding open season for additional transportation commitments to the BSG System. The open season deadline is Feb. 15. Visit the company website for more details.
Headquartered in Dallas, Navigator provides crude oil producers with comprehensive midstream services including crude oil gathering, transportation and storage. Navigator and its affiliates are focused on domestic midstream opportunities in both developing and mature producing areas. Navigator is supported by an equity commitment from First Reserve.
First Reserve is the largest global private equity and infrastructure investment firm exclusively focused on energy. With more than 30 years of industry insight, investment expertise and operational excellence, the firm has cultivated an enduring network of global relationships and raised more than $30 billion USD of aggregate capital since inception.