The Sixth Annual Pipeline Leadership Conference is taking place virtually in 2020 and is proud to announce the agenda and speakers.
The theme for the event is “A 2020 Vision for Pipelines: What the Futures Holds.” The robust agenda focuses on the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election and other political impacts on the pipeline industry, economic outlook and trends, workforce development and the role of pipelines in a low-carbon future.
With the 2020 Pipeline Leadership Conference being held virtually, the robust program will be presented in four sessions on Nov. 10, 12, 17 and 19. The full conference agenda is as follows:
November 10 — POLITICAL FORUM:
11:00 – 11:30 AM ET
Pipeline Leadership Award
The Pipeline Leadership Award recognizes companies and individuals driving transformation and innovation in Pipeline and Distribution System design, construction, and operations through People, Process, and Practice.
11:30 AM – 1:00 PM ET
U.S. Political Landscape: Panel Discussion
A breakdown of the U.S. political landscape after the 2020 presidential election and the potential impacts on the oil and gas pipeline sector. Panelists include:
- Eben Wyman, Founder, Wyman Associates (moderator)
- Martin Edwards, Principal, Ice Miller Strategies
- Matt Keelan, Founder and President, The Keelan Group (TKG)
- Toby Mack, President and CEO, Energy Equipment & Infrastructure Alliance (EEIA)
November 12 — ECONOMIC FORUM:
11:30 AM – 1:00 PM ET
Economic Outlook: Panel Discussion
How current economic factors are impacting capital spending in the oil and gas pipeline industry, forecasting activity for the next four to eight years.
- Dean Foreman, Chief Economist, American Petroleum Institute (API)
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM ET
Pipelines and the Pandemic: Panel Discussion
The oil and gas pipeline industry has had to make a number of adjustments in response to COVID-19. Panelists will discuss the impacts of the pandemic on the industry and provide insights to what to expect in the next five years.
- Chris Chandler, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
- Mary Palkovich, Vice President of Gas Advocacy, Consumers Energy Co.
November 17 — WORKFORCE FORUM:
11:00 AM – 12:30 PM ET
Workforce Development: Panel Discussion
Strategies that the pipeline industry has implemented to attract, train and retain employees in today’s employment market, highlighting efforts by CEWD, DCA and SkillsUSA.
- Chelle Travis, Executive Director, SkillsUSA
- Laura Morrow, Vice President of Communications, Artera
12:30 PM – 2:00 PM ET
Human Trafficking Awareness in the Energy Industry
As a nationwide leader in the pipeline construction industry, Precision Pipeline LLC saw how the energy industry intersects with human trafficking through midstream transportation, construction projects, and material and fuel transportation from coast to coast. The company integrated a five-step program to train people within the organization to recognize and report this crime.
- Lindsey Mattson, Manager, Creative Services, Precision Pipeline
- Rachel Johnson, Manager of Public Relations, Precision Pipeline
November 19 — FOSSIL FUELS FORUM:
11:00 AM – 12:30 PM ET
The Role of Pipelines to Achieve a Low-Carbon Future: Panel Discussion
Sue Forrester of The American Gas Association (AGA) will share AGA’s perspectives and partnership with other industry associations in fighting natural gas distribution and pipeline bans to achieve a low-carbon future.
Achieving a low-carbon future will require all forms of energy and energy infrastructure. Charles McConnell and Dr. Sergio Kapusta will both speak to how oil and gas pipelines will play an important role in achieving environmental goals. Panelists will discuss the role of natural gas distribution and gas/liquid pipelines to achieve a low carbon future; mitigation strategies to the challenges presented to the construction, use, and operation of pipeline and gas distribution infrastructure; and a vision for our collective low carbon future.
- Charles McConnell, Executive Director, Carbon Management and Energy Sustainability, University of Houston
- Dr. Sergio Kapusta, Executive Director – Energy & Natural Resources Initiative, Rice University
- Sue Forrester, Vice President of Advocacy & Outreach, American Gas Association
Registration is open for the conference. Attend the full conference for $395 or individual sessions for $150 per day. If you are interested in sponsoring the conference, please contact Ryan Sneltzer. The conference is organized by Benjamin Media Inc. and North American Oil & Gas Pipelines in cooperation with Continuum Capital.